Friday, January 05, 2007

Back from Sweden

It's early Friday morning right now, and we just got back from Sweden around midnight Wednesday. We spent yesterday unpacking and opening our Christmas presents. Also, a couple things happened regarding my licensing while I was gone. First of all, in the mail I received the clearance on Sven's fingerprints. That was a big relief simply because I had been told that that could take a very long time, but it apparently took less than three weeks, and over the holidays at that!

Also, there was a message on my answering from licensing. I'm assuming the call was an attempt to set up the home inspection, one of the very last steps of the process. I called her back, but couldn't get ahold of her directly.

So then I called someone from the 4C Council. 4C stands for Community Child Care Council of Santa Clara County. They have a program called the Child Care Initiative Project which will reimburse Family Child Care providers once they have obtained their licenses and completed at least 3 designated activities. I haven't yet done any of the activities, as I was told the program was run on a "first-come first-served" basis, and once they run out of money, it's over. I was waiting until my licensing process was nearly complete, but now it is! I called my CCIP Program Coordinator and arranged for a home visit, sort of a pre-licensing inspection check. She will be coming next Thursday morning, January 11.

So my next step is to do a few last minute things to prepare myself for the inspection. The fire extinguisher we have is too small, so we need to buy a larger one. I should buy a complete first-aid kit, and install childlocks under my kitchen sink.

Things are really coming along! I hope I can have the license by the end of the month. Then my focus can turn towards purchasing more materials and setting up our children's garden.

No comments: