Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I got my license!

Oops! It's been two months since my last posting, but it has been a busy two months. I have taken many steps towards getting my license and readying my business. Here is an update of what has happened in the last two months:
  • January 11 - The advisor from the Child Care Initiative Project of the 4 C's visited my home to do a "pre-inspection." She was very helpful and had much useful advice.
  • January 16 - Appointment for licensing inspection . . . canceled.
  • January 17 - Meeting for CAMP, the mentor program helping me through the licensing process.
  • January 20 - CPR class, thus completing all the requirements for the license EXCEPT for the inspection.
  • January 25 - I visited the CCIP advisor at the 4 C's. She showed me their resource centers and told me about other such centers in the area.
  • January 29 - Another appointment for the licensing inspection . . . canceled AGAIN!
  • February 6 - Licensing inspection. My analyst was really wonderful, and all went well. I passed the inspection and am now officially able to take care of multiple children.
  • February 20 - I took a class called Business Skills for Family Child Care. This class was very helpful in inspiring me to get a system set up for record keeping.
  • February 26 - First official day of the business!!! I took care of three children--my own four-year-old girl and two three-year-old boys. We had a very nice day!
  • February 28 - Meeting for CAMP (mentor program).

So that brings us up to the present. I am now trying to plan and prep the garden, since the weather has finally warmed up and planting season is here. In the next few weeks, the children and I will be getting our hands very dirty. Needless to say, we are all quite excited.

No comments: