Sunday, April 01, 2007

Bubbles and Bottles

This week the kids and I took a little gardening vacation. The garden is still not ready for planting, so there just wasn't much for us to do. So instead we tried out our new bubble machine. It's great to see that a 3 and 4 year old can be just as delighted as babies or toddlers at the sight of bubbles.
After Ria's nap on Thursday, Josephine begged me to let her give Ria the bottle. I was really worried that Ria would just not like this one bit, as she's been exhibiting stranger anxiety characteristics lately, and has been very leery around Josephine. But Jo really seemed to be taking it personally as I continued to refuse, so finally I agreed to give it a try. It worked wonderfully! Ria completely accepted the bottle from Josephine, and I thought it was actually a positive thing, in that now maybe Ria would be more accepting of Jo if she got her bottle from her.
Just after this picture, though, Josephine declared, "This is boring! Can you do the rest, Mamma?" Oh, well.

No comments: